FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I get one of your bionic hands?
Not yet. We're working very hard to develop our bionic hand and its not yet available. We have released a development robotic hand for researchers and developers called the Ada hand but it's not a certified medical device.
- When will your bionic hands be available?
We're going as fast as we can! Unfortunately we can't guarantee a release date but it will certainly be after November 2016.
- Can the Ada hand be used on humanoid robots and robot arms?
- When can I buy the prosthetic covers?
We're shooting for a 2016 release date, but they may be available in early 2017.
- Is the Ada hand suitable for limb-different people to wear?
No. The Ada hand is a development version of our robotic hand for researchers and developers. it's not a medical device and is not suitable for limb-different people to wear.
- Do you make 3D printed mechanical hands?
Not yet. We'll release a mechanical version for people with partial hands in early 2017.
- Do you make prosthetic legs?
No, we do not make prosthetic legs. We want to expand our product line in the future but for now we're focussing on bionic hands.
- How can I help?
Sign up to our developer community and help us create our open source bionic hand designs! If you're an amputee and want to take part in user-testing sign up to our newsletter. We'll put a call out for volunteers when we're ready for testing.
- Can I apply for an internship at Open Bionics?
Yes, please see here.
- Can I apply for a job at Open Bionics?
Yes, please see here.
- Can you come and give a presentation at our event?
We have been known to speak at events but our product development takes priority so don't be offended if we say no. You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I invest in Open Bionics?
Yes please! We're always looking for new investors that want to make a difference with their investment and get a great return. Register your interest here to get updates.
- Can you make a prosthetic leg for my dog/cat?
No, we're investing all of our time in developing bionic limbs for humans and despite what you might think, this is a completely different design challenge.
- Can you 3D print me a .... ?
No, try shapeways or 3DHubs.
- We are shooting a documentary, would you like to be involved?
Potentially. Email email@example.com.
- Which 3D printer do you use for prototyping?
We use an Ultimaker2 3D printer.
- Do you work with prosthetists?
Yes. If you're interested in getting involved, please contact us.
*All dates and information given in this FAQ are continually evolving.